What is SEO?
The common definition of SEO is “the process of making a Web site and its content highly relevant for both search engines and searchers through the use of targeted keywords and phrases.” The process includes strategies and tactics undertaken to improve web pages so they gain a higher ranking in real or “organic” search engine results.
The best scenarios would be for your company’s website to be listed on the first page of search engine results when your keywords and phrases are searched.
In order to do this your website needs to be optimized for these keywords.
To accomplish this, it is necessary to make search engine-friendly enhancements to your website.
- Prioritizing and publishing content to be more keyword centric
- Developing a more intuitive navigations structure and URL structure
- Regularly updating contents
- Enhancing the website through internal linking and the aquireing relevant “inbound” links
- Ongoing analytics and performance measurement and identify potential problems