Let’s start off defining exactly what is a backlink and why backlinks are important.
According to Webopedia a backlink is
In search engine optimization (SEO) terminology a backlink is a hyperlink that links from a Web page, back to your own Web page or Web site. Also called an Inbound Link (IBL) these links are important in determining the popularity (or importance) of your Web site. Some search engines, including Google, will consider Web sites with more backlinks more relevant in search results pages. May also be written as two separate words, back link. Webopedia – What is a backlink?
Traditional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tells us that the more relevant backlinks we collect, the better our SEO is overall. The site with the most backlinks pointing to it will rank higher than similar sites, with all other ranking factors being held equal.
So how do you find quality backlinks?
Search for and interact with authoritative sites that are established in your local community. Local backlinks are often easier to obtain, and because of the smaller market, you will often be met with less competition.
Places to find local backlinks:
- Research your competitor’s backlinks with MOZPro and SEMRush
- Ask your friends and family that have websites to link to you
- Ask your peers and other business owners you know to link to you
- Other sites that you have control over
- Start a blog outreach campaign
Blog Outreach Template:
Our hope is that you make this template your own when you launch a backlink building campaign for your business.
Would you like a custom SEO strategy or to see what has worked for our clients?
If you want a practical plan on how to grow your business I want you to do two things
- Sign up for my newsletter for useful tips
- Schedule a free strategy session where we will come up with a plan to help you grow your Sugar Land business through smart data driven digital marketing
To schedule your free Search Engine Optimization strategy session you can give Dig Deep Marketing a call at (844) 269-0104, contact us online, or just walk-in to our office at 12808 W Airport Blvd – 270Q, Sugar Land, TX 77478.